The Ultimate Calculator to Benchmark your Workforce Risk Profile.
Our free, Workforce Risk Calculator can help you understand and take control of the risks associated with a mobile workforce.
Try it out!
What is a Workforce Risk Calculator?
A Workforce Risk Calculator is a tool or software application used by organizations to assess and manage various types of risks associated with their workforce. The specific features and calculations provided by a workforce risk calculator can vary depending on the organization's needs and objectives, but generally, it is used to analyze and mitigate risks related to employees and human resources.
The Focus on a Mobile Workforce
This Workforce Risk Calculator is focused on assessing your mobile work force - in other words - those that need to travel for or as part of their job. For example, Drive-In, Drive-Out workers, Delivery Drivers, Travelling Nurses and more.
Calculating the risks associated with a mobile workforce is essential for several reasons, as it helps organizations make informed decisions, prioritize resources effectively, and ensure the safety, productivity, and well-being of their employees. Here are some key reasons why calculating the risks of a mobile workforce is important:
- Safety and Health: Mobile workers often face unique safety and health risks depending on their job roles and environments. By assessing these risks, organizations can implement appropriate safety measures and training to minimize the likelihood of accidents or health-related issues. This is crucial for ensuring the physical well-being of employees.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Many jurisdictions have specific regulations and labor laws that apply to mobile workers. Calculating risks related to compliance helps organizations avoid legal issues, fines, and penalties. Compliance can involve factors such as working hours, overtime, rest breaks, and workplace conditions.
- Operational Efficiency: Understanding the risks associated with a mobile workforce can help organizations optimize their operations. By identifying potential bottlenecks, inefficiencies, or logistical challenges, companies can make improvements to enhance productivity and customer service.
- Resource Allocation: Calculating risks allows organizations to allocate resources effectively. This includes staffing levels, equipment, training programs, and technology investments. It ensures that resources are directed where they are most needed to manage risks appropriately.
- Financial Implications: Mobile work often involves various costs, such as travel expenses, remote office setups, and technology infrastructure. By evaluating risks, organizations can make cost-effective decisions and manage budgetary concerns associated with a mobile workforce.
- Emergency Preparedness: Mobile workers may find themselves in emergency situations, such as natural disasters or accidents. Risk assessments can help organizations develop emergency response plans and ensure the safety of their employees during unforeseen events.
In summary, calculating the risks of a mobile workforce is crucial for safeguarding employees, complying with regulations, protecting data, optimizing operations, and maintaining overall organizational resilience. It enables organizations to proactively address challenges and seize opportunities associated with a mobile workforce, ultimately leading to better outcomes for both the company and its employees.
Effectively manage the risks associated with a mobile workforce
Why use SafetyIQ?
SafetyIQ’s Journey Management Solution provides a streamlined, automated and reliable approach to managing the risks of a travelling workforce. We understand your team is busy, so we automate mundane tasks where possible and bring your attention to where it’s needed.
How do we do this?
All users can create a journey plan in the system where they select the mode of transport, location, dates, expected time and any additional safety integrations such as GPS Devices, IVMS Devices or Risk Assessments.
Then whilst the user is on their journey, they are given automatic SMS and email reminders to check-in at predetermined locations to confirm their safety. If they fail to check-in, the escalation process is triggered and managers are alerted to respond.
Benefits of a Digital Solution
- Efficiency and Time Savings: Digital solutions streamline the journey management process by eliminating the need for manual paperwork and slow approval processes. With a digital platform, users can quickly create a journey and instantly send the notification to the right person for approval.
- Advanced Reporting and Analytics: Digital solutions offer powerful reporting and analytics capabilities. Data can be analysed to identify trends and patterns such as particular locations that have a high number of incidents or escalations. This allows data-driven insights and strategic decision-making.
- Integration with Other Systems: Digital Journey Management Solutions can be integrated with safety processes such as risk assessments and safety devices. This ensures that you have a comprehensive process that speaks to each other.